Saturday, March 27, 2010

Landscaping with Used Concrete

Well I have been getting my garden ready for the garden tour. I scored some broken concrete from local demolition jobs via Craigs List. Craigs List is the best place to find used bricks, flagstones and my personal favorite, broken concrete. Used concrete is very versatile. I have been building low retaining walls and edging for pathways. Best of all, it is free. People who are redoing their yards are dying to get rid of the stuff because it is so expensive to haul it away.

Here are a few examples of the versatility of broken concete:

Edging for Paths



Garden Edging



Dry Stack "Stone" Walls





What was great about Craigs List was that most of my sources for concrete were within 2 miles of where I live. I found three different homes that were giving away broken concrete. Some of the concrete I found was already "aged" with moss and algae.

So if you are looking for creative ways to decorate your garden, try Craigs List.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant site. Great gardener.
    We think the same,
    http://www.masterjules.net/gindex.htm

    ReplyDelete